PostersUnion

Where posters of various sites come together to unite against the crap that happens on all the sites...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas to run.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:09 am

joeybagadonuts

Let's start discussing and documenting some of the ideas you want to try. I've talk to King and Integ about a ton of them. They can be specific or more complicated and robust doesn't matter. Let's just get some stuff started.

I like doing some stuff where maybe Integ and Kinger each start one big 'talking point' thread. The content has to be such that it would draw people that like to talk and debate things back and forth. It can be a 'what makes a big power poster' or just general stuff about yourselves. I think that doing a sit down type interview always draws a huge crowd, of course this will also allow us to use the ole F5 trick and get a huge amount of views. We need to shoot to see if we can get a 100 reply, 1000 view thread a day. That's a huge selling point as a mod candidate.

2 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 am

Integrity

Admin
this be good

i can do it in the morning. ill be up all nite and thru the early afternoon

then kinger comes thru in the afternoon and can keep it going

we should get something started tonite to go with tomorrow that i can post

http://postersunion.forumotion.com

3 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 am

KingRevolver

joeybagadonuts wrote:Let's start discussing and documenting some of the ideas you want to try. I've talk to King and Integ about a ton of them. They can be specific or more complicated and robust doesn't matter. Let's just get some stuff started.

I like doing some stuff where maybe Integ and Kinger each start one big 'talking point' thread. The content has to be such that it would draw people that like to talk and debate things back and forth. It can be a 'what makes a big power poster' or just general stuff about yourselves. I think that doing a sit down type interview always draws a huge crowd, of course this will also allow us to use the ole F5 trick and get a huge amount of views. We need to shoot to see if we can get a 100 reply, 1000 view thread a day. That's a huge selling point as a mod candidate.

That's a very good point. Definitely a huge selling point.

Integrity is good with these article-type threads.

A 100 reply, 1000 view thread IN ONE DAY would be huge. That would make waves and would be hard not to notice. Plus one of us could always say, "Wow. Look at all the views and replies in this thread." No one would suspect anything. Razz

I will post here any time I get a good idea. Trust me, I get tons of them. Lots of good, lots of bad. But we can all decide that. Smile

4 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 am

KingRevolver

Integrity wrote:this be good

i can do it in the morning. ill be up all nite and thru the early afternoon

then kinger comes thru in the afternoon and can keep it going

we should get something started tonite to go with tomorrow that i can post

Hmmm what would be a good start. scratch

5 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:21 am

joeybagadonuts

KingRevolver wrote:
joeybagadonuts wrote:Let's start discussing and documenting some of the ideas you want to try. I've talk to King and Integ about a ton of them. They can be specific or more complicated and robust doesn't matter. Let's just get some stuff started.

A 100 reply, 1000 view thread IN ONE DAY would be huge. That would make waves and would be hard not to notice. Plus one of us could always say, "Wow. Look at all the views and replies in this thread." No one would suspect anything. Razz

I will post here any time I get a good idea. Trust me, I get tons of them. Lots of good, lots of bad. But we can all decide that. Smile

In the same vein, lets also make sure that whenever you guys talk to ken/mo that you mention the fact that TheRx has been hitting record numbers. Maybe ask if EOG is picking up lots of new posters/most posts during the middle of football as they should. Maybe ask for some metrics like year over year for an avg sunday during the football season. This would make what we are doing measurable and quantifiable and would give concrete facts to someone to present as why they should be a mod.

6 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:22 am

Integrity

Admin
i need to find a way to put quick reply on this site, lol

but yeah, let's come up with something general but interesting, to get a lot of excitement going

then i moderate it thru the morning and posting slave comes thru and keeps it going thru the nite

7 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:27 am

Integrity

Admin
what about alexa numbers joey?

which stats there are the ones to pay attention to???

perhaps i can ask him about certain stats and how to improve on them, all while casually mentioning how therx or others are exceeding in those areas...

8 Re: Ideas to run. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 am

KingRevolver

joeybagadonuts wrote:
KingRevolver wrote:

In the same vein, lets also make sure that whenever you guys talk to ken/mo that you mention the fact that TheRx has been hitting record numbers. Maybe ask if EOG is picking up lots of new posters/most posts during the middle of football as they should. Maybe ask for some metrics like year over year for an avg sunday during the football season. This would make what we are doing measurable and quantifiable and would give concrete facts to someone to present as why they should be a mod.

Very smart idea! sunny

You have Kenny's AIM, Joey?

9 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:16 pm

BSH

So if im picking up what you are laying down correctly, we are trying to get a steady flow of regulars posting before we start trying to pick up advertisers and advertising to the public?

10 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Integrity

Admin
Bricker!

And yes, we are gonna great a union of posters- where we can control what happens on any forum, whenever we decide

Our long term goal is to get a forum of our own, much nicer than this of course, but first, we need to build up our union of posters

11 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm

joeybagadonuts

BSH wrote:So if im picking up what you are laying down correctly, we are trying to get a steady flow of regulars posting before we start trying to pick up advertisers and advertising to the public?

Correct. This is a rogue operation at this time. (not a gay ass rogue scholar one, either)

We WILL turn this place into a money making machine. That I assure you. I will be able to drive revenue BEFORE we get any real posters here. I worked out something last night.

More on this to come later, but yes, Brick, we want to build this place up first...

12 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 pm

BSH

Also need to get a "back room" created to talk about inside stuff before others start joining. Or is there one already?

13 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:40 pm

joeybagadonuts

BSH wrote:Also need to get a "back room" created to talk about inside stuff before others start joining. Or is there one already?

No, we're using this whole forum as a back room right now. Feel free to read through the threads, some interesting stuff has been revealed by us...

14 Re: Ideas to run. on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 pm

KingRevolver

Yeah, no back room yet. We'll probably have to make one before too many people start joining. But we all decide who gets to join or not.

If one person says no then it's a no. We have to assure we don't get any little rat snitches in here.

15 Re: Ideas to run. on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:51 pm

BSH

SBR_John

SBR Points: 3

Message Me
Challenge Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shrink,
That's a very tough break. We have been with both major hosts in CR. If you guys want opinions on them for hosting these kind of sites let us know. BP has incredible technology its a bad beat to have the pipe shut down. A lot of folks do not realize how hard it is to do business even in Costa Rica with a gaming related company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum