PostersUnion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PostersUnion

Where posters of various sites come together to unite against the crap that happens on all the sites...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Potential new people?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Potential new people? Empty Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

anyone have any?

https://postersunion.forumotion.com

2Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Octo, Brun, IPP

3Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

LOL

the 3 worst, hahaha

4Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Hope we're just adding posters, no more to the core group.

5Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

what about someone like razz donkey?

i put out the feeler for him to email me, but have yet to hear from him

i guess he'd accept just a poster role

6Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 pm

joeybagadonuts

Core group is set.

As mentioned, we will make group decisions on all important matters.

We are basically the board of directors, with Integ being the chairman as he created the site. I really believe in having all being equal, though. By voting and thinking rather than just acting on impulse, were far less likely to make any dumb mistakes, it also forces us all to be rationale and not use emotions in business decisions. I think ken does that all the time and it's not a good habit.

7Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:21 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

We need to get rid of some of the old threads. It has info about the "core" group and our plans. The new guys will be a part of it but it's basically us as the core. So they can't read that stuff or they'll want in, too.

8Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

Good deal

and I'm only chairman in the extent that I'll run the admin on here, but I want to stress that we all have an equal voice and must come to agreements as a team if we all want to work together for common good

We have a good group here and can do great things if/when we put all of our minds together

9Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 pm

joeybagadonuts

Well we should really decide exactly what we want to do with this place. Document our policies, rules, etc before we let too manty people know.

Remember that we ideally want to have a solid product before anyone really sees it.

10Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

KingRevolver wrote:We need to get rid of some of the old threads. It has info about the "core" group and our plans. The new guys will be a part of it but it's basically us as the core. So they can't read that stuff or they'll want in, too.

good point

u should move what u think is bad info into the basket section

ill make duster and bricker mods too since they are part of the core

the basket will be our back room

11Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

joeybagadonuts wrote:Well we should really decide exactly what we want to do with this place. Document our policies, rules, etc before we let too manty people know.

Remember that we ideally want to have a solid product before anyone really sees it.

well... this is only really gonna be our gathering place

but yeah, even so, must have everything in order before we show off

12Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:30 pm

joeybagadonuts

Yup, all the core guys should absolutely be mods.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do think we should run this place in kinda an Integrity style. We should try to be as respectful as possible to our posters and let them help us make decisions on things. That will really give it that community feel. There isn't really site out there other than OGD which basically lets the posters make choices about what goes on. I really think we should be as light handed as possible with editing/deleting/moving threads. I really want people to speak their minds regardless if we agree with them or not, that has been sorely missing at EOG the last few months.

13Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:38 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

Locking that thread was absolutely uncalled for. That's the kind of thing I hate. What's next? A banning? Locking that thread only proved my point.

Just so you guys know, I'm not going to be pumping money into this thing unless everyone else does. If we're going to be all "equal" then let's all put in equal money.

14Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:39 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

If no money is put in, then I have great ideas on making some. Fairly simple as long as people aren't lazy.

15Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

KingRevolver wrote:Locking that thread was absolutely uncalled for. That's the kind of thing I hate. What's next? A banning? Locking that thread only proved my point.

Just so you guys know, I'm not going to be pumping money into this thing unless everyone else does. If we're going to be all "equal" then let's all put in equal money.

wow, ur still on it

and u said u were done with it, why not lock it up and be done?

oh wait, kinger wants to keep things going

get real

16Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 pm

joeybagadonuts

KingRevolver wrote:Locking that thread was absolutely uncalled for. That's the kind of thing I hate. What's next? A banning? Locking that thread only proved my point.

Of course bud.

I assume that Integ will be running the finances with my assistance since I am an accountant and did financial planning for Microsoft. We will cross the money bridge when we get there. Most of the costs till we really go live will be nominal.

When we have our first meeting (I think tomorrow?) we will certainly address the money issue. We can also think of some things that we can do before we actually have traffic to bring in some $ to offset expenses. I have spoken to both Chute and Integ and they have 2 ideas that should fairly easy to implement and should do alright for us.

We should also address what us mods should do, how she should position this place, who should be around at what times, etc. There will be tons to talk about, everyone will have some questions and concerns we can discuss so we are all on the same page.

I really think the group we have her is an amazing management/operations team. We have fairly diverse personalities and backgrounds. I honest believe in what we are doing 100% and I hope you guys do as well. If we all try our best to make this place great, I think it will be just that, great.

17Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 pm

joeybagadonuts

No need to lock stuff, we are all adults here.

Or, as Mo would say-

Fuck you you faggot ass bitch kinger. You are nothing. I know all, and know you are a bitch.

18Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

Integrity wrote:

wow, ur still on it

and u said u were done with it, why not lock it up and be done?

oh wait, kinger wants to keep things going

get real

I'm approaching this as a business venture. Why should I put money into something while you sit back and lock threads and I can't even look at some of the HTML stuff? I'm not going to put money into anything where I have no say. If we're all truly equal then we all put in equal money. That's how business works. If someone puts in more money than another person then that person has a higher stake in things. Economics and Business 101. That's all I'm saying.

19Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

yeah... i figured if he had something else to say, or u guys, he could unlock it

in my view the lock was the end of the thread since he said he was done

i guess he wasnt

but i offered up an explanation/apology on the thread and it seems he didnt accept it

whatever

20Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:53 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

joeybagadonuts wrote:No need to lock stuff, we are all adults here.

Or, as Mo would say-

Fuck you you faggot ass bitch kinger. You are nothing. I know all, and know you are a bitch.

Hahaha.

Yeah, I was looking at some of the other boards. They have some fantastic layouts and better colors. If we made this site even better looking it would appeal even more to the new comers. They'd say, "Ok. These guys are serious about this" and be more into it.

21Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:58 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

I think Razz should be the next newcomer. As long as we know that he's not getting paid - which I doubt. The guy has IDEAS like no other person I know. Very smart guy, too, as you can see from his writing.

Threads that mention the core group must be erased though. But I feel he should be next. What do you guys think?

22Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:02 pm

joeybagadonuts

Completely agree that at some point we should consider even paying for a 'nicer forum', yet another down the road sort of thing to do.

Once I am able to gather all the data and pricing stuff I need, I will do some forecasting spreadsheets for everyone to take a look at. I will run some different senarios, with different business models and we can see what makes the most sense. We have to be realistic, and, most importantly very very cautious about the laws.

I was even thinking of possibly forming an LLC and putting it's name on any paperwork he will eventually have to do. Most importantly probably is making sure the domain is registered to a company, rather than one of our names. This is very gray area of the law. I have a friend who is lawyer who be will be able to occasionally ask for help on little things here and there. I have a small retainer on file at his law firm that we could use to consult one of his associates who has a little back ground in online gaming laws.

23Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

This forum here was always just to be the gathering place

When we 'open for business' so to speak, we are def gonna need a diff forum

This one here is just for planning/meeting getting everyone together- Forming our Union

Then we yield our power over the forums-- and when we have great momentum, unleash our REAL site and have that open up successful

24Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:09 pm

joeybagadonuts

KingRevolver wrote:I think Razz should be the next newcomer. As long as we know that he's not getting paid - which I doubt. The guy has IDEAS like no other person I know. Very smart guy, too, as you can see from his writing.

Threads that mention the core group must be erased though. But I feel he should be next. What do you guys think?

Absolutely agree, the more I think about it, the better I think he would be here.

Very smart guy, and if I know ken, he is probably only letting Razz do like 1 out of many things he has asked to do for EOG. I was thinking perhaps since our core group is now locked, we could think about using the fact that he can use this place as an outlet to implement some of his new ideas. What do you guys think about that? I think we really need to think how to go about getting people to be loyal, and work hard to make this place good, without $ necessarily being the incentive. We should all think what manner to approach each person.

We really gotta be careful about the initial people we get over here as they will truly be our 'core group of posters', right? The guys that get in at the ground floor will be happy they did, as they can grow to be the respected poster, I really think the most important thing to make that happen is to NOT have anyone be heavy handed with Mod powers. Seen so many of the best posters leave one site or another simply bc a mod abused his powers. I hope we never lose a single poster to that. Each one is potential $ for us, remember that before you light someone up, or move their posts.

chinktard

25Potential new people? Empty Re: Potential new people? Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

I agree but I think a nicer forum here would show that we mean business.

These other forums that I'm looking at with the better layouts are all free. Some good stuff going on. Same website that we have going on here just a different skin and other features that we can use. It makes the place look a lot more serious. Just my 2 pesos but if we keep it this way - that's fine. I just think putting a little more thought into the forum shows how serious we are about this. It can motivate the new guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum