PostersUnion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PostersUnion

Where posters of various sites come together to unite against the crap that happens on all the sites...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Level of dedication?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Level of dedication? Empty Level of dedication? Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:10 pm

joeybagadonuts

Guys, we really need to think how serious each of us is going to take this project. If this is just a play around at EOG and do silly little missions to just try to get Integ, King, or Chute a paid position, not that fun. If we are really going to try to turn this into a business, much more fun.

I'm willing to donate a ton of time, as I have a ton of it right now. What I would like to hear is what others feel they should be doing to get us to a place to make money, and what they can realistically dedicate to this place. We really should start thinking about what sort of roles each of us can play here.

We certainly need one person to kinda upkeep the site it itself, add forums, tinker with settings, basically be the admin.

We need one person to start putting together long terms plans and keeping them in one place, organized and set up to succeed. This is basically a project management kind of thing.

We need someone to do the verbiage for the site. We need a mission statement, some little blurbs about other stuff we preach.

We may need a small amount of seed $ at some point.

I can go on and on with this but I really am trying to just prove the point that this is no small project and that it will take a ton of time and energy from all who would like later share in the possible spoils.

cheers

2Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

joeybagadonuts wrote:Guys, we really need to think how serious each of us is going to take this project. If this is just a play around at EOG and do silly little missions to just try to get Integ, King, or Chute a paid position, not that fun. If we are really going to try to turn this into a business, much more fun.

I'm willing to donate a ton of time, as I have a ton of it right now. What I would like to hear is what others feel they should be doing to get us to a place to make money, and what they can realistically dedicate to this place. We really should start thinking about what sort of roles each of us can play here.

We certainly need one person to kinda upkeep the site it itself, add forums, tinker with settings, basically be the admin.

We need one person to start putting together long terms plans and keeping them in one place, organized and set up to succeed. This is basically a project management kind of thing.

We need someone to do the verbiage for the site. We need a mission statement, some little blurbs about other stuff we preach.

We may need a small amount of seed $ at some point.

I can go on and on with this but I really am trying to just prove the point that this is no small project and that it will take a ton of time and energy from all who would like later share in the possible spoils.

cheers

I think we're starting off great. We should take things slow the more I think about this. We should first start getting in more people and we take it from there. We see how things work with others in the forum and how great we get along and work off each other. From there, we can give a role to each person and expand. I think this can be something HUGE and groundbreaking. Twisted Evil

3Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 am

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

Great post Joey, I've already began preparing potential rules and a mission statement for success.

We are gonna use this to form a union to not only be silly at EOG and other places, BUT to have power all throughout the forums to eventually put us in a position of strength so that when we get a forum of our own, we start out as a success and be a major player right away.

This is gonna be HUGE and groundbreaking as Kinger said

https://postersunion.forumotion.com

4Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 am

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

Yes, I agree. But we need a couple more guys in here!

5Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

BSH

BSH

I think we need to figure out who the core group of guys is for this project, then start recruting regular posters. Running a business is hard enough, and having 3-4 business partners could get ugly. Lets get a timetable of how things are going to go so we are somewhat organized.

6Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 pm

joeybagadonuts

Organization is key here. I totally agree.

We need to set goals, timelines, etc.

With the core group we now have, me, king, integ, brick, and duster, we should be able to start running some small power plays at EOG very soon.

7Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:44 pm

joeybagadonuts wrote:Organization is key here. I totally agree.

We need to set goals, timelines, etc.

With the core group we now have, me, king, integ, brick, and duster, we should be able to start running some small power plays at EOG very soon.

I like the core here. Some very sharps minds I believe. I'm the power play guy lol. Once I start on someone I'm relentless. All kidding aside though, I'm ready to get things going here.

8Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:47 pm

ChuteBoxe

Basically, we need a costa rica address, a hosting company in CR, and a domain name.

Then we can get a full swing operation going.

9Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:49 pm

ChuteBoxe wrote:Basically, we need a costa rica address, a hosting company in CR, and a domain name.

Not that hard to put together I wouldn't think Chuter.

10Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 pm

ChuteBoxe

dustdevil wrote:
ChuteBoxe wrote:Basically, we need a costa rica address, a hosting company in CR, and a domain name.

Not that hard to put together I wouldn't think Chuter.

Hardest part would be the address.

11Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

Too bad I don't know anyone in Costa Rica. That would be huge!

12Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:30 pm

KingRevolver wrote:Too bad I don't know anyone in Costa Rica. That would be huge!

Would a Mexico address work Chute? King you got that right? affraid

13Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:51 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

dustdevil wrote:
KingRevolver wrote:Too bad I don't know anyone in Costa Rica. That would be huge!

Would a Mexico address work Chute? King you got that right? affraid

Haha. Yes. Twisted Evil

14Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:58 am

Integrity

Integrity
Admin

yeah see...

these are good ideas

chute, u have a bud in CR, right? or no??

this site is just our meeting ground. we would have to get a CR domain name for the main site, as im not sure of the legalities of us making ads and stuff on this site

https://postersunion.forumotion.com

15Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:51 pm

joeybagadonuts

I can easily get us an address.

We can call on our pal Viejo D for that.

16Level of dedication? Empty Re: Level of dedication? Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 pm

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

joeybagadonuts wrote:I can easily get us an address.

We can call on our pal Viejo D for that.

Very true. VD is a good connection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum